Monday, September 26, 2005

Mobile phone virii now attack the desktop

Symbian users already know and loath them-virii for Series 60. Up to now, the damage they caused was limited(a few MMS and data loss AFAIK), the desktop PC was not affected. I actually saw Commwarior in action(asleep on a Nokia), but didn't have an MMC card to "capture" it and offer it here for people who are interested! However, this has now changed with Sybos/Cardtrap.A acording to ITworld.
This trojan horse is a pack of different virii that spread themselves around to other Symbian devices. However, the main danger is that it installs onto memory cards and then attempts to attack PC's where the memory card is mounted(launches a worm).
Well, my defence is simple. I keep Bluetooth on my SX1 off or at least in invisible mode and I dont acceopt and files beamed ovwer to me in an unmotivied fashion. People owning a Treo or other PalmOS smartphone can however sleep in peace-we still dont have a real PalmOS virus!
Did you ever see one of these things in action? Do you have a copy to share?

3 Comments:

Blogger aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7

7:37 AM  
Blogger weddingdresses said...

I just have this energy level that I've never had before. The only thing that's changed is I've started wearing my Power Balance bracelet and nike running shoes
Power Balance wholesale
Silly Bands
Reebok Easytone

8:53 AM  
Blogger power balance said...

Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure

Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and

historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home