Saturday, July 30, 2005

The story of Palm advance exchanging a T3

Most of you wil know that I have had problems with PalmOne's quality control for a long time now. It may be that I am unlucky or that I stress the devices way to much (4h of operation a day is usual), new programs beeing synced once a week or so,... . Up to now, the former PalmOne always gladly exchanged my devices-until the third exchange of ym T3, when thy resorted to a different way of handling the black-haired problem. They just closed the case... . Eventually, I gave up. That was about a month or so ago.
Now, somehow, Palm decided to do something about the problem. A customer care rep called Gemma sent me an email containing lots of spelling errors stating that my T3 would be advance exchanged. Funnily, this email contained lots of spelling checks, etc- it didn't look like a template.
Now, the new device is here. It came in a huge box delivered with DPD, and to my astonishment, it contained a full T3 box. It still hums a tiny bit, but I will be able to live with this. The digitizer drifts way less. Palm still didnt include the orange screen for which I asked in all the emails before, but the days of the orange screen seem to be gone. Here are a few photos of the stuff:

If you carefully look at the third image, you can see that the box looks as it it was opened before. It also was full of scratches altough the box was filed with packaging fluff. Interestingly, the last T3's shipped had a sticker attached to the front of their boxes advertising the intel processor, microsoft office compatibility and email programs(click images for bigger vesions).

The box really contained all the stuff. Cradles, CD's(nice-I lost mine anyhow), Licence agreements,..

This is the evidence that really convined me of this beeing a gung-ho action. The things you see above are the return kit. Interestingly, the paper looked like a cheap copy made on a Xerox-and not like a thing PalmOne sends out hundreds of times a day.

Last but not least, the screens. My old one is the one with the brighter display.
I just wonder why Palm decided to act now... . And why they chose to send me a new parcel and a probably hand-selected device... . Is the customer care really getting better? Or are they just trying to silence me by giving an extra good device? The future and your comments will show!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, i think Palm is doing a better job when doing advance exchanges only.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Tam Hanna said...

Hi,
I beleive Palm(One) would do an even better job if their products required less exchanges and wouldnt always have the same problems(hiss, digitizer, power btn)!
Best regards
Tam Hanna

11:23 AM  
Blogger gultig said...

Just FYI: I sent my palm (T3) in for repair, and received back a brand new palm. Looked like it came right out of the box. Too bad they kept the new accessories and stuff.

10:06 AM  
Blogger aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7

8:18 AM  
Blogger Junda Xu said...

20151028 junda®
coach factory outlet
nfl jerseys
Gucci Outlet Online Sale
Abercrombie T-Shirts
hollister clothing store
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Handbags Factory Price
ugg boots
toms outlet
abercrombie
mont blanc
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
Coach Outlet Store Online Shop
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Outlet Sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet Store
michael kors bags
Wholesale Authentic Designer Handbags
ugg outlet store
air max 95,nike golf,nike janoski,air max 1,nike canada,nike plus,nike shox,nike factory store
michael kors handbag
Louis Vuitton Handbags For Cheap
cheap ugg boots
Christian Louis Vuitton Red Bottoms
coach outlet store online
true religion outlet
canada goose jackets

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home