Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A new way to input data

Irecently had the opportunity to play around with one of the new Nokia communicators(the one without touchscreen). after only having it for two minutes or so, an interesting thing struck my eye-the device displayed a mouse pointer on the screen:

Indeed, the pointer could be moved with a little "trackpoint" in the unit's keyboard. At the beginning, this looked stupid-but beleive it or not, it got comfortable after a while. When I have my T3 sitting in its now broken keyboard, touching a control on-screen requuires me to grasp the stylus, move it to the screen, etc. In this process, my hand covers the screen for a short time, etc-lots of fuzz involved!

A tiny trackpoint on the keyboard could solve the problem-at least for me. Take a little analog "joystick" or just a plain trackpoint from IBM, and off you go. Cobalt definitely needs mouse support-now that I have experienced one, I definitely feel different!
But-these tests were done sitting at a table! If the machine would have been tested on the go-oh boy, that would have been difficult to do. Overall, I still don't want a PDA with a trackpad. But integrating one into the portable keyboard would be a great idea!
Here are a few size comparison photos:

What do you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous palmhiker said...

My old M125, when used with the Palm keyboard used to have this functionality. A cursor would appear on the screen and you could move it around with the arrow keys. Sadly, ThinkOutside dropped support for the cursor controls in later driver (for OS5) versions for some reason...

11:03 PM  
Blogger Tam Hanna said...

Hi PalmHiler,
could you maybe mail some screenshots to Tamog@gmx.at?
I have a OS3.5 and a OS5 handheld, and at the time I had my m505, the pointer wasn't in there yet/I never noticed it!
Best regards
Tam Hanna

9:52 PM  
Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160707
louis vuitton outlet online
montblanc pens
jordan 11
timberlands
nfl jerseys
nike running shoes for men
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton purses
coach outlet online
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
pandora charms
coach outlet clearance
michael kors handbags
louboutin shoes
nike air max 90
toms shoes outlet online
nike trainers sale
cheap ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
true religion outlet store
coach outlet online
adidas running shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
marc jacobs outlet
lebron 13
louis vuitton handbags
rolex watches
ray bans
ralph lauren outlet
kate spade
ed hardy outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
fit flops
cheap toms
ray bans

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home