Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The T5 premium bundle


Recently, PalmOne announced a T5 bundled with a docking station for a pretty nice of 349€-at least in germany.
Now, what does this mean? We already saw a similar thing with the T3 business edition, the free m100 that came with some orders et al. When PalmOne has to get rid of stuff, they cook up a nice promo. So, following this trail of thoughts will lead us into beleiving that the T5's successor is coming. This is a move expected by all people beleiving in the T5-TE2-VGA "conspiracy". To cut this story short: the real T5 would have needed more time to mature, but PalmOne was under pressure to attack the VGA PPC lineup. Thus, the Tungsten E2 was modified, and the real T5 was left in the lab. Adventists of this idea treat the FCC E2 leak as a cloaking maneuver-PalmOne has registered a trademark once for this purpose.
Other people put trust into sources knowing about measly device sales. Indeed, many users were annoyed about having to pay extra for a cradle. Altough I cannot fully understand this anymore-drive mode lets me loath my cradles for their weight-many users still want a cradle for their device. In addition, many usrs have not yet understood the benefits of landscape mode(I loved it right from start, just as info). Take my comrade as a bad exxample-his IPAQ can do landscape very well with its QVGA screen and 400MhZ CPU-but the goon doesn't use it at all. He even reads long texts in portrait, etc and thus cannot understand the annoyance that a cradle is when the unit is in landscape. These people will claim that PalmOne is trying to solve one of the main complaints users have.
The T5 remains a highly controversial topic-the only ones who really know what happened are the insiders. And-well-nobody from there has emailed me yet(I treat his name with caution and delete the email straight away, just as info)... . What do you think?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that what tam is saying is true, is coming a new device with new features.... Come on... palm!!!! give us a greate product!!!! like you used to.... i cross my fingers!!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Tam Hanna said...

Hi,
thank you soo much for commenting and putting trust into me!
However, all of the analysis above there is my personal oppinion. I may be in this business for a few years now, but I don't always get it right...
After the T5, I do not understand PalmOne anymore. A new device will come, but if this is an indicator.....
Best regards
Tam Hanna

2:11 PM  
Blogger xpan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:33 PM  
Blogger xpan said...

yes. It is coming and it is called
T|C2 ;-)

I can't tell if it has a VGA or Cobalt, but according to rumors it includes a build-in WiFi module!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt that palmOne will come out with a Cobalt device, especially with the PalmSource switch to a Linux base.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home