Monday, January 24, 2005

The magnetic Tungsten T3

Recently, my Tungsten T3 was used at night and was placed on my desk-where a 5 cent coin lay. Ridiculously, the 5 cent coin was gone! Turning the T3 around, I saw the coin sticking right on the back of my trusted handheld.

These pics were taken in a teacher's workshop with my SX1. They show the T3 holding up to four medium-sized screws or up to two coins. BTW, 10 cent coins do not work, it only works with the "red" euros-1cent, 2cent and 5 cent are ok. Also, a video was created that can be downloaded at the magnetic Palm gateway.
Now, documetning a phenomenon is one thing-explaining it is another. Tests performed on a IIIc and a V did not succeed, these handsets dropped even the smallest of screws(thanks to Ing. Gerik for providing me with loads of different screws to test). Well, one can also see that the magnetism concentrates in an area around the speaker-and speakers always have magnets in them. So, the speaker has a field stong enough to carry a coin, and the titane housing carries it to the outside of the handheld. Plastic is worse when it comes to conduicting magnetic fields, so that may be another way to explain why the IIIc failed. But-why did the V fail too?
Of course, some may now ask about negative influences on credit cards, etc. To be honest-I do not know! My blog income definitely isn't big enough to warrant a credit card of its own (anybody wanna sponsor me??), and well-experimenting with another one is just jackass behaviour. So, this question is to remain mysterious.
Readers, talk back! Is your Palm magnetic? Mail me photos to my email address Tamog@gmx.at. Tell me what you experience!

17 Comments:

Blogger Ben Combee said...

All of the Tungsten T devices have a small magnet inside them that's used to hold the metallic stylus in its silo. What's odd is that your case has apparently been magnetized -- this could be from the internal magnet or prolonged exposure to a magnetic field.

Most of the other Palm OS devices use friction to hold in the stylus and don't have metallic cases, so they wouldn't ever be magnetized.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

A speaker that beeps may not have much of a magnet, or none at all in the case of a piezio type. Low voltage requirement and small size would make this great for PDA’s, but they’re really only good for beeping. A speaker that can reproduce music is a different story, almost guaranteed to have a good magnet in it.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Steven Fisher said...

My T3 is definitely not magnetic.

However, a large variety of things can put a magnetic field on metal. A local restaraunt has all of their silverware magnetized due to their dishwasher, a phenonemon that's not at all uncommon. I had quite a bit of fun using one knife to repel another and earning raised eyebrows from staff...

Also, a suggestion: If you're writing your blog to make money, just give it up.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, that information about the magnet holdling the stylus in is incorrect. As many people discovered when they were disassembling their T3's to change the battery, the Tungsten T's have a little metal tab in the stylus slot that "clicks" onto the end of the stylus, holding it gently in place.

So we're still stuck with the amazing mystical magnetic T3. :)

TMann

7:33 AM  
Blogger Tam Hanna said...

Hi y all,
interesting oppinions and experiences!
Here are my comments:
1)To Steve-I am NOT writing this blog for cash-I am writing it for the fun of writing. The sentence with the sponsor was a joke to add some fun to all the mystery-Cite from TNA-Sypher:Meant to make you laugh, haha, got it?
2)I do not think that the holder is magnetic. The stylus has a rim at its bottom, and it looks as a metal clicks in there!
3)I actualy still think that it comes from the speaker. this is the only magnetic part of the whole handheld. When I place a tiny screw anywhere else, I get no reaction!
Best regards and thanks for the comments
Tam Hanna

10:57 AM  

Palm Tungsten E2 review rus
Palm One
Shot in 35 mm Film and voiced for the Latin Market we could have gone viral with this shot but we needed TV
advertising sex commercials elevator
Palm One Treo 600
Palm Treo 750 Review
that unsightly antenna. Even with these improvements and others, there's still room for more
phonescoop cellphone phone mobile review palm treo 750 cingular 3G

5:31 AM  

Anyone know where to get screws for holding the slider in place in a T3? JMREIRE

9:31 PM  
Blogger dghnfgj said...

However mean your gold in wow life is,buy wow gold meet it and live it ;wow gold cheap do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.wow gold kaufen love your life,poor as it is.maple meso You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,maplestory power leveling glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.sell wow gold I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,cheap mesos and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to billig wow gold receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;powerlevel but it often happens that buy maplestory mesos they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble wow powerleveln yourself much to get new things,maple mesos whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,archlord power leveling return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

8:57 AM  

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough aion kina to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot aion online kina and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much aion gold, we can sure that you will get the cheap aion kina, quick to come here to buy aion kina.

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough aion kina to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot aion online kina and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much aion gold, we can sure that you will get the cheap aion kina, quick to come here to buy aion kina.

4:15 AM  
Anonymous cheap nike shoes said...

Truely a nice blog and thanks for your great work. By the way, welcome to our websites: nike sports shoes and ghd hair straightners. Every men like sport, then, it is quite important to have a pair of right cheap sports shoes to make you fully enjoy the sports. We provide puma cat , cheap nike shox, cheap nike max, shox shoesshoes, nike shox r4 shoes, shox shoes, ferrari shoesrunning shoes which are brand new and in perfect condition but on discount. All of the shoes, including the popularnike tn dollarpuma running shoes, cheap nike shoes,which is the representative shoes of nike mens shoesshoes are authentic and original of top quality. For people like running and playing basketball and other field sports, nothing would be more suitable than the cheap adidas shoes and nike shox nz basketball shoes. In addition to the shoes mentioned above, you may also be interested in the cheap adidas shoes , puma shoes and, nike running shoesWholesale and retail are both acceptable to us. Welcome to our site and free to look! Thank you and wish you a nice day. Good Luck!
Everybody like beauty, which is quite commen, especailly womens. Welcom to our store which is focused on sellingghd hair straighteners mk4and hair straightners. For women, especially the young girls, this ghd iv styler hair straightener is the best choice. ghd hair straightnersis famouse for the pretty outlook and the top quality. The price of this cheap ghd hair straightenersis acceptable and rational. Ed Hardy Jeans, Ed Hardy Hoodies ed hardy shirts ed hardy clothes ed hardy clothing
ed hardy trousers

2:14 AM  
Blogger kobeli said...

Christian Louboutin Pumps
michael jordan shoes
Mens Polo Shirts
Mlb Jerseys

Manolo blahnik shoes
jordan basketball shoes
Lacoste Polo Shirts
Nba jerseys

Christian Louboutin Shoes Sale
jordan shoes sale
Wholesale Polo Shirts
Authentic Nhl jerseys

Jimmy Choo shoes
air jordan shoes sale
Cheap Polo Shirts
Authentic Mlb Jerseys

Chanel Shoes
michael jordan shoes sale
Cheap Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
Authentic Nba jerseys
Discount Christian Louboutin
Ugg Boots
ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Shoes
discount ugg boots
discount ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Manolo Blahnik
ugg boots sale
ugg boots sale
Christian Louboutin Boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
Christian Louboutin Pumps

8:18 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, replica watches, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs outlet, polo outlet, nike free, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, uggs outlet, kate spade outlet, nike air max, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, burberry handbags, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses

2:51 AM  

polo lacoste, burberry pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister uk, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, ralph lauren uk, nike free uk, michael kors, true religion outlet, north face uk, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, timberland pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, mulberry uk, nike blazer pas cher, kate spade, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, lululemon canada, nike free run, ray ban uk, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, guess pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike tn, michael kors pas cher, oakley pas cher, nike air max uk, nike air force, sac vanessa bruno, jordan pas cher, new balance, north face, coach purses, vans pas cher, nike air max uk, sac hermes, hogan outlet, louboutin pas cher, air max, michael kors, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren

2:53 AM  

iphone cases, ipad cases, iphone 6 plus cases, bottega veneta, chi flat iron, louboutin, iphone 6s cases, insanity workout, nike roshe run, babyliss, hollister, p90x workout, vans outlet, s6 case, lululemon, mac cosmetics, jimmy choo outlet, hollister clothing, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, nike huaraches, oakley, soccer jerseys, nike trainers uk, instyler, baseball bats, mcm handbags, mont blanc pens, herve leger, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti outlet, timberland boots, ghd hair, ralph lauren, soccer shoes, iphone 5s cases, abercrombie and fitch, hermes belt, iphone 6s plus cases, valentino shoes, celine handbags, beats by dre, longchamp uk, new balance shoes, nike air max, reebok outlet, iphone 6 cases

2:54 AM  

wedding dresses, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, toms shoes, converse, louis vuitton, ugg uk, ray ban, moncler, links of london, nike air max, marc jacobs, karen millen uk, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, lancel, barbour, canada goose, hollister, swarovski, louis vuitton, hollister, doudoune moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, converse outlet, montre pas cher, moncler uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, vans, moncler, ugg, louis vuitton, barbour uk, moncler, pandora uk, replica watches, canada goose outlet, gucci, doke gabbana, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler

2:55 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-06-27keyun
gucci belts
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet online
tory burch flats
hollister clothing store
true religion outlet
ghd hair straighteners
kate spade handbags
ray ban sunglasses uk